Improve Your Heart Health
Did you know that Cardiac Rehabilitation is an outpatient program that may help improve your health if you have cardiac disease? Patients with heart problems, including those recovering from bypass surgery, a stent, or a heart attack, often need assistance in improving their heart health and returning to a more active life.
Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program that helps aid recovery and increase patient quality of life through exercise training, education on heart-healthy living, and counseling to reduce stress. Adopting healthy lifestyle changes and addressing risk factors can help a patient recover more fully and reduce the risk of future issues.
Recovery requires the commitment of both the patient and their care team, and may involve a case manager to help keep things on track.
You may qualify to participate in cardiac rehabilitation if you've been diagnosed with:
Or have had:
Speak with your doctor about participating.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Located at Jeanes Hospital
Our cardiac rehabilitation services are located at Jeanes Hospital. Here we offer patients:
- Individualized exercise programs designed by therapists who specialize in the care of cardiac conditions
- Education in risk factor reduction and heart healthy eating
- Support from others who share your condition
Potential benefits include:
- Increased strength and endurance
- Decreased angina/chest pain
- Improved quality of life
- Decreased risk factors for heart disease
- Increased level of function and independence
Our exercise physiologists can help patients with cardiac disease achieve a better quality of life. We provide exercise therapy and education to help:
- Control blood pressure and blood sugar
- Improve breathing
- Control weight
- Manage stress
Ready for an Appointment?
Find a doctor near you or call 215-728-3944.