Temple Health is a major Philadelphia-based academic health system that is driving medical advances through clinical innovation, pioneering research and world-class education. The health system’s 1,000 physicians and scientists share a common mission of bringing tomorrow’s treatments to the bedside today, helping them achieve outcomes once thought impossible.
Temple Health consists of:
- Temple University Hospital (TUH), a top-tier academic medical center that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, and highly specialized tertiary services
- Fox Chase Cancer Center, a NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center
- Jeanes Hospital, a community-based hospital offering medical, surgical and emergency services
- Temple University Hospital – Episcopal Campus, main location for behavioral health services, as well as other medical and emergency services
- Temple University Hospital – Northeastern Campus, home to a number of medical services offered by Temple University Hospital, Temple Faculty Physicians and Temple Physicians, Inc.
- Temple Faculty Physicians, a clinical faculty practice plan comprised of more than 500 full-time and part-time academic physicians in 20 clinical departments
- Temple Physicians, Inc., a network of community-based specialty and primary-care physician practices
- Temple Transport Team, a ground and air-ambulance company; and several urgent care centers.
Temple Health is an educational partner with the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, providing medical education to the next generation of physicians and biomedical scientists.
Temple physicians and scientists are dedicated to offering breakthrough options for patients who, just a few years ago, were considered untreatable. Using sophisticated technologies and personalized treatments, Temple is working to alter the course of serious disease. In over a dozen research centers at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine and Fox Chase Cancer Center, Temple researchers are speeding the transformation of fundamental scientific discoveries into practical therapies with a common objective to dramatically improve human health.
Temple Health offers a full complement of medical specialties, with particular recognition in following programs:
- Organ transplantation (heart, lung, liver, kidney/pancreas)
- Pulmonary and thoracic medicine (#1 lung transplant center in the U.S. by volume, 2017)
- Cardiovascular medicine
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine
Notable statistics about Temple Health include:
- 1,020 licensed beds
- 37,892 admissions
- 353,712 outpatient visits
- 133,623 emergency room visits
- 12,093 inpatient surgeries
- 16,882 outpatient surgeries
- 10,000+ faculty member and employees
- 980 medical and graduate students