How We Are Protecting You
Safety Precautions and Protocols Designed to Protect Our Patients and Staff
The safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority, especially now. Our team of clinicians has implemented numerous safety protocols to protect our patients and staff, based on the guidelines of the CDC, local and federal government, and leading medical associations.
Our safety precautions and protocols include:
- Everyone must wear a mask while in the hospital. We encourage patients to wear their own mask. However, we will provide a mask to those who do not have one.
- Patients and visitors are screened at entryways for COVID symptoms.
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting at least several times per day, based on infection control guidelines.
- Staff use appropriate PPE for each procedure and appointment, based on CDC guidelines.
- Social (physical) distancing requirements including seat spacing in waiting areas, minimizing the number of people in lobbies, waiting areas and other public locations such as elevators.
- Visitor restrictions are in place for both inpatient and outpatient services.
- COVID testing on patients before procedures.
- Employees are encouraged to participate in a daily symptom monitoring application, which is reviewed in real time by clinical staff.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID, or be regularly tested for COVID if they have a vaccine exemption.
Telemedicine Appointments from the Comfort and Safety of Your Home
In order to support patient and staff safety, many appointments are now available through telemedicine (also called virtual visits). When an in-office appointment is not medically necessary, we encourage our patients to participate in appointments using telemedicine.
Temple Health offers telemedicine appointments for both new and current patients for many of our specialty services. See a Temple doctor from the comfort of your home on your phone, tablet or computer.