Many Temple Health physicians and services are internationally recognized for providing the highest level of care. You may benefit from seeing a Temple physician for pulmonology, cardiology, surgery, urology, cancer and many other specialty areas. View a full list of services we provide >
Temple Lung Center
Led by internationally renowned pulmonologist Dr. Gerard J. Criner, Temple Lung Center is on the leading edge of lung disease diagnosis and treatment. Pulmonologists and thoracic surgeons at the Temple Lung Center have decades of experience in helping patients with conditions including asthma, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, lung cancer, sarcoidosis, pneumonia and pulmonary hypertension. Our Lung Center offers:
- One of the most active lung-disease research centers in the United States, with dozens of clinical trials available
- The nation’s highest-volume lung transplant program for the last 3 years
- The latest options for COPD including bronchoscopic lung volume reduction (BLVR), a new non-surgical treatment option
- High-Performing recognition from U.S. News & World Report for the treatment of COPD patients
- High-Performing recognition in Pulmonology and Lung Surgery from U.S. News & World Report, an honor that recognizes the top 10% of pulmonary hospitals in the country
- Internationally recognized experts in lung disease treatment
Temple Heart & Vascular Institute
More than 100 specialists at Temple are dedicated to caring for patients with heart disease. Since the first heart transplant in the Philadelphia area was performed at Temple in 1984, Temple has performed more than 1,140 heart transplants and has the best heart transplant outcomes in the Philadelphia region.
Temple cardiologists, vascular surgeons and cardiovascular surgeons have been changing patients’ lives for decades. Temple Heart & Vascular Institute offers:
- One of the nation’s leading programs for the treatment of CTEPH (chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension), a complex form of pulmonary hypertension that can be treated with a delicate surgery performed at only a few hospitals in the entire U.S.
- An advanced heart failure and transplant program that is offering more patients a chance at a heart transplant by broadening the evaluation criteria to be listed, as well as offering ventricular assist devices (VADs) as a bridge to transplant or as a permanent solution
- High-performing recognition from U.S. News & World Report for the treatment of heart failure
- Treatment options for all types of cardiovascular disease, from medication management to interventional procedures and advanced heart surgery
Temple Robotic Urologic Surgery
Many Temple Health urologists are national and international leaders in robotic urologic surgery. Our team performs complex procedures that may not be offered or cannot be performed by other surgeons in the region.
There are many possible advantages of robotic surgery, such as shorter hospital stays, less bleeding and smaller incisions. We offer a variety of minimally invasive, robotic urologic surgery procedures — some to remove cancer or treat life-altering conditions and others to help our patients regain urinary, sexual and reproductive function as well as their quality of life.
Temple surgeons such as Dr. Daniel Eun are pioneers in treating urologic conditions through robotic surgery and developing innovative procedures to help patients whose conditions were previously thought of as untreatable.
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Temple Health is home to Fox Chase Cancer Center — a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and one of only 51 centers in the country to qualify for this highest level of designation.
Learn more about treatment at Fox Chase >