Having COVID-19 can be a scary experience by itself. But you or a loved one may also face “long-haul” respiratory health issues like cough or shortness of breath weeks or months after your illness. Temple’s Post-COVID Recovery Clinic is here to help COVID-19 long-haulers recover and improve their quality of life.
Managed by the experts at the Temple Lung Center, we bring together leading specialists in lung disease to address the full breadth of COVID-19 symptoms and needs, using the most up-to-date treatments available.
Comprehensive Care for Your Long-Term Health
COVID-19 may take a while to recover from. For example, you may experience ongoing symptoms such as:
- Tightness in your chest or chest congestion
- Shortness of breath
- Chronic cough that lasts for weeks or months
- Worsening of existing pulmonary conditions (such as pulmonary fibrosis or COPD)
Whether your symptoms are mild or severe, these ongoing issues can be difficult to cope with. Our Post-COVID Recovery team can help you better manage your “long-haul” symptoms and may improve your ability to fully recover.
If you’ve just been discharged and need follow-up care, or you’ve been dealing with ongoing symptoms at home, you can be seen at one of our Post-COVID Recovery Clinic locations.
Call 800-TEMPLE-MED (800-836-7536) or request an appointment today.
A Spectrum of Treatment Options
While there’s still much to learn, many of the effects of COVID-19 are very familiar to our lung specialists. The symptoms you’re still experiencing are often caused by inflammation or scarring in the lungs.
We offer cutting-edge therapies and integrated treatments for your COVID-19 aftercare because of our:
- Experience as a leader in COVID-19 treatment and research
- Long history of treating severe and mild respiratory disease
- Multidisciplinary team-based approach
We’ll stay with you as long as you need us, track your progress over time to identify and treat any new issues that may emerge, and provide integrated referrals and consultations for any additional services you may need.
We provide a full array of treatment options, including:
- Pulmonary rehabilitation — helps to manage symptoms while you recover. Pulmonary rehabilitation may include counseling on diet and exercise, mental health support, and helpful breathing techniques.
- Supplemental oxygen therapy — helps you get the oxygen needed to go about your daily life with less fatigue or difficulty.
- Medications — may be used to reduce inflammation in the lungs or reduce scarring that can develop after a COVID-19 infection.
- More advanced treatments and procedures — in rare cases, patients whose symptoms are especially serious and long-lasting may require more advanced treatments such as lung transplant.
Your doctor will work to diagnose your condition and offer you tailored treatment options.
Leaders in COVID-19 Care
Temple has treated some of the sickest patients with COVID-19 in the Philadelphia region. We offer the latest clinical trials, including cooperative research on COVID-19’s long-term effects. And we’re a national leader in clinical research on non-cancer lung diseases, often providing access to novel therapies and treatments not yet available at other centers.
Request an appointment with a pulmonologist today or call 800-TEMPLE-MED (800-836-7536).