No current events at this time.
Lung Education and Events
Live Zoom Webinar: Lung Cancer Screeing & SPN Diagnosis in Patients with COPD
- Date: Friday, October 22, 2021
- Time: 12:00 to 1:00 PM EST
- Speaker: Gerard Criner, MD
- Details: Patients with advanced COPD are at increased risk of lung cancer, and should be screened with low dose CT. The diagnosis of COPD also influences the diagnostic approach and treatment options if solitary pulmonary nodules are identified during screening. This webinar will discuss the link between COPD and lung cancer, and how early diagnosis can improve survival. Case studies will be presented.
Interactive Q&A to follow
ATS 2021 International Conference: May 14-19
Temple Lung Center faculty presented on various topics during this year's conference, including:
- Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction for Advanced Emphysema
- Approaches to Improve Accuracy of Diagnosing Sarcoidosis
- Updates on Venous Thromboembolism
Our pulmonology team has also published 64 abstracts.
Live Q&A: Post-COVID Recovery and Infusion Clinics
This webinar was held on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. It featured Dr. Gerard Criner discussing Temple's Post-COVID Recovery and Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Clinics, and what you need to know to refer your patients for support. In case you missed it or want to watch it again, view it online.
2020 International COPD and Asthma Conference
- Hosted by: Temple Lung Center in collaboration with GOLD and GINA
- Conference director: Gerard J. Criner, MD, FACP, FACCP, Chair and Professor, Thoracic Medicine & Surgery, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Who attended: All healthcare providers involved in the care and management of patients with COPD and/or Asthma.
Conference sessions are now available on-demand. Register today.
AAT Level Predictor
Alpha 1 Antitrypsin belongs to a group of proteins whose blood levels rise during an acute-phase response (inflammation, infection, etc.). The elevated levels can obscure the presence of AAT Deficiency alleles.
Dr. Friedrich Kueppers has developed an online calculator that can predict the baseline AAT level as it would be in the absence of an acute-phase.
Current Continuing Medical Education Programs
On-Demand CME Webinars
The Temple Lung Center offers online, self-paced continuing medical education with topics specifically selected to provide the latest information on the management of patients with lung disease. The academic content provides CME for physicians, AANP CE for nurses and CRCE for respiratory professionals. The multimedia format is user-controlled to maximize engagement in the learning process. Learn more.
Past Continuing Medical Education Programs
Severe Uncontrolled Asthma: Definitions, Management and Advanced Therapies
Saturday, April 27, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Chubb Conference Center and Hotel
800 Ridge Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 191444
Friday, May 1, 2019
12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
2880 Center Valley Pkwy, #624
Center Valley, PA 18034
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Brio Tuscan Grille
305 Christiana Mall
Newark, Delaware 19702
Reaching a Precise Diagnosis for the Pulmonary Hypertension Patient
April 26, 2018
Caffe Aldo Lamberti
Cherry Hill, NJ
Utilizing Current and Emerging Therapy to Treat the Advanced COPD Patient
April 30, 2018
Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse
King of Prussia, PA