Pulmonary hypertension is high blood pressure in the arteries in the lungs that can arise from numerous causes. Specific types of pulmonary hypertension will result in right heart failure if the condition goes untreated. There are several types of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Pulmonary hypertension resulting from left heart disease
- Pulmonary hypertension resulting from lung disease and/or lack of oxygen
- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary hypertension caused by less common or multifactorial conditions
Ready for an Appointment?
If you're experiencing signs or symptoms of pulmonary hypertension, schedule an appointment or call 800-TEMPLE-MED (800-836-7536) today.
Learn more about our doctors and care team who diagnose and treat pulmonary hypertension.