The patient satisfaction incentive payment requires completed surveys. Your practice needs to have at least 20 completed surveys to be eligible. Use these strategies to increase survey response rates:
- Send personalized mailings. Include a prenotification postcard one week before mailing the survey.
- Communicate the survey purpose. Explain the value of the questionnaire to the patient.
- Write easy-to-follow instructions. Use clear and simple language. Avoid jargon and abbreviations.
- Limit the number of questions. Ask only the highest priority questions.
- Follow up with a reminder. Send a postcard one week after sending the survey.
- End with a thank you. Also, restate the instructions for returning the survey.