Temple University Health System’s preparations for the coronavirus continue to be part of the media’s COVID-19 coverage.
- Tony S. Reed, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer of Temple University Hospital, joined 6ABC to discuss what hospital networks are doing to set up testing sites. NBC10 also included the health system in its coverage of testing locations.
- In a separate segment, NBC10 included information from the health system on its capacity to treat patients during this time.
- Wadia Mulla, MD, FACOG, Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, and Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Medical Director of Labor & Delivery at Temple University Hospital, discussed pregnancy during the coronavirus pandemic for a Philadelphia Inquirer article.
- Daniel Mueller, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, spoke with the Philadelphia Inquirer about the virus’s first symptoms, which can be subtle and may not always appear simultaneously.
- Peter Axelrod, MD, Chair of the Infection Control Committees of Temple University Hospital and Fox Chase Cancer Center and Professor of Medicine and Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, described the importance of social distancing for a PhillyVoice story on the subject.
- A PhillyVoice article included the health system’s updated visitation policy.
- Multiple outlets, such as Markets Insider, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, SFGate.com, and the San Antonio Express-News, included the news that Temple University Hospital, its Department of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery, and the Temple Lung Center are using HGE Health’s telemedicine platform to remotely monitor patients at risk of the virus, with mild symptoms of the virus, and those recovering following hospitalization for the virus.