Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences
Wadia Mulla, MD, FACOG
Ratings & Reviews
- Maternal diabetes: pregestational and gestational
- Obesity in pregnancy
- The relationship of maternal diabetes, maternal obesity and childhood obesity
- Maternal Obesity
- MD, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH
- Fellowship, Reproductive Genetics, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akron City Hospital, Summa Health System, Akron, OH
- Dr. Mulla has completed Safe Zone training to learn about LGBTQ identities, gender and sexuality, and examine prejudice, assumptions, and privilege. She welcomes patients from the LGBTQ community in her practice.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Medical Genetics
- Clinical Genetics
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society of Human Genetics
- Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine
Awards and Honors
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2010; 2020
- Philadelphia Top Doc, 2014
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Sciscione A, Manley J, Pollock M, Maas B, Shlossman P, Mulla W, Lankiewicz M, Colmorgen G. Intracervical Fibrin Sealants: A Potential Treatment for Preterm Premature Rupture of the Membranes. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 184(3): 368·73; 2001.
- Mulla WR, Kline R, Genin A, Whitemann DA, Jones MC Rand E Sanford Hanna J, Spinner N: chromosome 20p deletion: Molecular Cytogenetic Analysis and Correlation with Phenotype. The American Journal of Human Genetics, 57: 4, 1995.
- Berry GT, Mallee JJ, Kwon HM, Rim JS, Mulla WR, Muench M, Spinner NB: the Human Osmoregulatory NA+/MYO-lnositol Cotransporter Gene: Molecular Cloning and Localization to the Down Syndrome Region on Chromosome 21. Genomics 25, 1995.
- Mulla WR, Garnica A, Rimoin D, Lachman R, McDonald-McGinn D, Zackai EH: Spondyloepiphyseal Dysplasia Congenita In Siblings Born to Unaffected Parents: Germ-line Mosaicism. The American Journal of Human Genetics,55:3, 1994.
- Surgery In the Pregnant Patient (Chapter 40) In Goldman DR, Brown F, Guarnieri OM (Eds). Perioperative Medicine, 2nd edition, McGraw Hill, Inc., New York, 1994.
- Mulia W, Elfe S, Jackson GM, Ludmir J: Observer Variability In Sonographic Assessment of Cervical Length. Poster Presentation at the 12th Annual Meeting of the Society of Perinatal Obstetricians, February 3-9, 1992, Orlando, FL.
- Cohen AW, Forouzan I, Lindenbaum CL, Mulla W: Comparing the Efficacy of Aggressive Preterm Labor Prevention Program Use Before and After the Onset of Preterm Labor Among High and Low Risk Patients. Poster Presentation at the 12th Annual Meeting of the Society of Perinatal Obstetricians, February 3-9, 1992, Orlando, FL.
- Mulla WR, Lampley EC, Samuels P: Latency After Preterm Rupture of Membranes: Do Traditional Teachings Apply? Poster Presentation at the 13th Annual Meeting of the Society of Perinatal Obstetricians, February 1993, San Francisco, CA.
- Mulla WR, Robin NJ, McDonald-McGinn D, Kaplan P, Zackai EH: Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome and Preeclampsia: Is There an Association? Poster Presentation at the 43rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics, October 1993, New Orleans, LA.
- Robin NH, Curtis M, Mulla WR, Anday E, Parke I, Zackai EH: Non-Immune Hydrops Associated with Impaired Fetal Movement. Poster Presentation at the 43rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics, October 1993, New Orleans, LA.
- Grace K, Mulla WR, Stump TS, Sovinsky L, Spinner N, Liacouras C, McDonald-McGinn D, Zackai EH: Failure to Thrive In Two Patients with Subtle Chromosomal Aneuploidy: Interstitial Deletion 2q33. Poster Presentation at the 44th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics, October 1994, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Spinner NB, Rand EA, Genin A, Jones M, Hunt P, Mulla WR, Pretcher J, Piccoli DA: Slide Presentation at the 45th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics, October 1995, Minneapolis, MN.
- Sciscione A, Kelly S, Pollock M, Maas B, Manley J, Shlossman P, Mulla W, LeFebvre C, Colmorgen GHC: Early Transvaginal Sonography vs. Early Cerclage In Women with a Questionable History of Incompetent Cervix. Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, January 1999, San Francisco, CA.
- Sciscione A, Muench M, Pollock M, Maas B, Jenkins T, DiVito M, Shlossman P, Manley J, Mulla W, Colmorgen GHC: Foley Bulb for Pre-Induction Cervical Ripening In the Outpatient versus the Inpatient Setting. Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine 2000, Miami, FL.
- Sciscione A, Rhee A, Duhl A, Pollock M, Maas B, Manley J, Shlossman P, Mulla W, Colmorgen GHC: A Randomized Prospective Trial of Two Types of Intrauterine Pressure Catheters and the Rate of Extra Ovular Placement. Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2000, Miami, FL.