Effective February 21, 2022
Temple University Hospital’s Main, Episcopal, and Jeanes campuses; and Fox Chase Cancer Center will now observe the following visitation policy to optimize the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, clinicians, and staff. Please call 215-707-2273 if you have any questions about the visitation policies.
- Patients are allowed 2 visitors during standard visiting hours from 9am-8pm daily. (At Fox Chase Cancer Center, visitation will be from 12pm-8pm.) Visitors may remain with the patient at the discretion of the care team, based on the patient’s condition.
- Visitors must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and must be 2 weeks post final vaccine dose.
- Upon entering the hospital facility, all visitors must:
- Be COVID screened and may be asked to show proof of vaccination
- Obtain a visitor badge and display it at all times while in the facility
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Sanitize hands frequently and especially upon entering and exiting the patient’s room
- NO in-person visitation is allowed for patients who are COVID-positive, unless an exception is authorized by administration. Possible exceptions include but are not limited to cognitive or language impairment, palliative care consultation, and end of life.
- Visitation requests for patients receiving transplantation services will be handled on a case by case basis and may vary.
- Each patient may have only 1 visitor at a time at the discretion of the ED Staff.
- Visitors must wear a face mask at all times, and complete a COVID screening at the facility entrance.
- No visitors are allowed in the waiting room. Only the triage nurse, charge nurse and/or nurse management team may allow exceptions.
- Visitors who leave the ED for any reason must go through security screening again upon return.
- If there is a request for multiple visitors, they will be allowed to switch out. Each visitor will be screened at the front door. Only 1 visitor at a time will be allowed at the patient’s bedside. All others must wait outside.
Outpatient Appointments on Hospital Campuses
- Each patient may have 1 visitor attend their appointment.
- All visitors will complete a COVID screening at the facility entrance.
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times.
- For Temple Physicians, Inc. (TPI) appointments, there is no age restriction for visitors.
Women and Infant Division Visitation Policy
Updated March 3, 2023
Labor and Delivery
- 2 support people may stay with the patient
- If the patient is COVID-positive, they may have one support person who:
- May stay with the patient during delivery
- Is NOT allowed to leave the room during delivery
- Must leave after delivery or stay with the patient in 3W room for the entirety of the patient’s stay
- If the patient refuses COVID testing:
- They will be considered COVID-positive
- They must wait a quarantine period before entering the Infant Intensive Care Nursery
- Their support person can stay through delivery and must leave after delivery or stay with the patient in 3W room for the entirety of the patient’s stay
- In addition to 2 visitors, a certified Doula with proof of certification will be allowed.
- The Doula will not be counted as a visitor
Labor and Delivery — Triage
- Each patient may have only 1 visitor at a time.
- Visitors must wear a face mask at all times.
- If the visitor does not stay in the room they may wait in the waiting room on the first floor.
- 2 support people may stay with the patient. One person may stay overnight with the patient
- If the patient is COVID-positive, their support person:
- Is NOT allowed to leave 3 West for the entire stay
- Antepartum patients can share a room if there are no other room options available.
- Both patients must have tested negative for COVID and have no symptoms
Infant Intensive Care Nursery (IICN) and Well Baby Nursery
- Visitation is limited to baby’s parents. Only 2 people are allowed to visit at the bedside at a time.
- Visitation policy may need to be modified on an individual basis. Please contact the IICN charge nurse and manager for modification approval.
- If the patient is COVID-positive they and their support person will have to wait a quarantine period and may need to meet testing and symptom check requirements before visiting the IICN.
- Utilization of FaceTime/Video Chat — Due to the current visitation restrictions, the use of technology is permitted to allow those close to you to see your baby.
- You may utilize FaceTime/Video Chat when visiting your infant. Please discuss with your baby’s nurse prior to initiating a call to ensure adequate privacy for you and your infant, as well as the other infants and families in the unit.
Outpatient Fetal Center
- One visitor is allowed to go with the patient to their appointment.
- No children under 12 will be permitted in the Fetal Center.
We will continue to monitor this situation. The need for visitor restrictions will be re-evaluated regularly.
Please call 215-707-2273 if you have any questions about the visitation policy.