Back and neck pain are among the top reasons for doctor visits. Getting an appointment with a provider who specializes in spine care can take weeks or even months, and often patients require the care of multiple specialists. The chronic nature of most back and neck pain coupled with managing multiple doctor visits often leads to frustration and continued pain without a plan for pain relief.
Temple’s Universal Back Pain Program simplifies and streamlines your path to back and neck pain relief. Our comprehensive program combines the expertise of many specialists to provide you with timely appointments, a clear treatment plan and effective results. Together, we’ll help you regain your ability to enjoy life without chronic back and neck pain.
An Experienced, Multispecialty Team
Back and neck pain can have many causes, and at times requires treatment from many different types of specialists. Our team is multidisciplinary, with experts from Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Interventional Pain Medicine/Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery, and Neurosurgery. Many of these physicians have been named “Top Docs” by regional and national publications.
Team members work together to provide you with the timeliest and most appropriate treatment options for your conditions. Because of the wide range of specialists on the team, your comprehensive treatment plan is designed with your goals, your physical condition and your schedule in mind.
Our assessment process includes:
- Understanding your history of back and neck pain
- Conducting a comprehensive physical exam to discover the source of your pain
- Developing your treatment plan and helping you schedule your appointments
- Follow-up and support with a rehabilitation plan to follow
Treating the Full Range of Back and Neck Conditions
Temple’s spine specialists have experience treating a full range of back and neck conditions, including:
- General back and neck pain
- Chiari malformation
- Degenerative spinal disease
- Herniated disc (Lumbar disc disease)
- Lumbar strain
- Scoliosis and other spinal curvatures
- Spinal cord injury
- Spine pain
- Spinal stenosis (cervical, lumbar)
Advanced Treatment Options
Temple offers advanced treatment options for back and neck pain that are not available at every hospital, including minimally invasive surgical options that may lead to less pain. In many cases, the Temple multidisciplinary team recommends a combination of treatments and therapies.
Noninvasive Treatment Options
- Anti-inflammatory therapy (like ibuprofen or acetaminophen)
- Corticosteroid (Cortisone) injections
- EMG and nerve conduction studies
- Nerve blocks
- Physical therapy
Minimally Invasive Surgeries and Procedures
- Disc replacement surgery
- Spinal decompression
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal stimulator and pump placement
Ready for an Appointment?
If you need to be evaluated for back or neck pain, schedule an appointment or call 800-TEMPLE-MED (800-836-7536) today.