Temple University Health System’s preparations for and treatment of patients amidst the coronavirus pandemic continue to be part of the media’s COVID-19 coverage.
- Delana Wardlaw, MD, who practices at Temple Physicians Inc. at Nicetown, was featured in two interviews with NBC10 – one about how to safely enjoy the Memorial Day holiday weekend, and the other about contact tracing.
- Daniel A. Salerno, MD, MS, Associate Professor of Clinical Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Director of Critical Care Services in the Respiratory Intensive Care Unit at Temple University Hospital, spoke with the Morning Call about lingering coronavirus symptoms and recovery from COVID-19.
- Patrick Vulgamore, Project Manager in Population Health for Temple University Health System, was interviewed by the Philadelphia Inquirer for an article about inpatient and outpatient treatment for substance use disorder during the coronavirus pandemic. Outpatient treatment has largely transitioned to telemedicine.
- Anuradha Paranjape, MD, MPH, FACP, Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs in the Department of Medicine and Professor of Medicine and Clinical Sciences at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, shared her thoughts about the coronavirus pandemic in a piece in the Society of General Internal Medicine Forum. In her reflections, titled “Sign of the Times: Part I COVID-19, Temple, and Me: A Timeline and Some Thoughts,” Dr. Paranjape recounted how much has changed this year.
- The Citizens’ Voice, a newspaper in Wilkes-Barre, featured recommendations from the Temple University Health System website about how to stay healthy while working from home during the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Artblog highlighted how some of Philadelphia’s art galleries are managing during the coronavirus pandemic. Wexler Gallery is donating to the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund for every purchase from Roberto Lugo’s “To Disarm” series. The artist is originally from the neighborhood surrounding TUH.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer detailed the financial impact that the coronavirus pandemic has had on Philadelphia-area health care institutions, including Temple University Health System.