Temple University Health System’s preparations for and treatment of patients amidst the coronavirus pandemic continue to be part of the media’s COVID-19 coverage.
- Temple University Hospital will be a testing site for the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson’s Phase 3 clinical research study, the ENSEMBLE trial, to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Janssen’s investigational COVID-19 vaccine candidate. TUH will enroll up to 1,400 adults aged 18 years and older from Philadelphia and the surrounding area. Nina Gentile, MD, Professor and Associate Chair for Research in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, will lead the trial, which was highlighted by PhillyVoice and CBS3.
- Gerard J. Criner, MD, FACP, FACCP, Chair and Professor of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Director of the Temple Lung Center, offered insight to ABC News and the Philadelphia Inquirer on the use of Remdesivir and Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody cocktail in patients with COVID-19. President Donald Trump reportedly received both as part of his treatment for the coronavirus.
- Dr. Criner also spoke with the Philadelphia Inquirer about how treatment for the coronavirus has evolved over the last six months. In his interview, he highlighted Temple’s commitment to offering patients access to clinical trials.
- Margot Savoy, MD, MPH, Chair and Associate Professor of Family and Community Medicine at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, provided advice to Philadelphia magazine on how to distinguish between COVID-19 and the flu and the importance of getting a flu shot.
- The Temple News interviewed Heather Clauss, MD, Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs and Professor of Clinical Medicine at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Director of the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program at Temple University Hospital, about the overlap between this year’s flu season and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Jason Gallagher, PharmD, FCCP, FIDP, FIDSA, BCPS, Clinical Professor at the Temple University School of Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Infectious Diseases at Temple University Hospital, and Director of the Postgraduate Year Two Infectious Diseases Residency at the Temple University School of Pharmacy, will participate in a COVID-19 webinar held by MJH Life Sciences – “Navigating the COVID-19 Treatment Landscape” – on October 13th.