Temple University Health System’s preparations for and treatment of patients amidst the coronavirus pandemic continue to be part of the media’s COVID-19 coverage.
- Gerard J. Criner, MD, FACP, FACCP, Chair and Professor of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Director of the Temple Lung Center, provided perspective to WHYY on the state of the pandemic in Philadelphia as doctors learn more about COVID-19.
- Eater Philly interviewed Thomas Fekete, MD, MACP, Thomas Durant Chair and Professor in the Department of Medicine and Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, about dining out in the city during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Jamie Garfield, MD, Associate Professor of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University; Assistant Chief Quality Officer for Temple Faculty Physicians; and Director of Quality and Improvement and Patient Safety, Internal Medicine Residency, at Temple University Hospital, joined NBC10 to discuss pandemic fatigue, concern about a second wave of the coronavirus, and the need to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Sameep Sehgal, MD, Assistant Professor of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, spoke with the Philadelphia Inquirer about the use of steroids as part of a treatment plan for many coronavirus patients.
- Jessica G. Kovach, MD, Vice Chair of Clinical Psychiatry and Behavioral Science and Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Director of the Psychiatry Residency Program at Temple University Hospital, offered insight to the AAMC about the residency application process during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- PhillyVoice highlighted Temple’s participation in a new Phase 1 clinical trial investigating a novel immunotherapy approach for patients with COVID-19. Dr. Criner is the principal investigator at Temple, which treated the first patients in the United States.
- PhillyVoice also featured Temple University Health System’s partnership with the University of Pennsylvania Health System to help lead a statewide program to improve the COVID-19 response efforts in long-term residential care facilities.
- David Becker, MD, FACC, Director of the Preventive and Integrative Heart Health Program at the Temple Heart and Vascular Institute, wrote a blog post for the Philadelphia Inquirer about five medical advances that might have been missed during the coronavirus pandemic.