Temple University Health System’s preparations for and treatment of patients amidst the coronavirus pandemic continue to be part of the media’s COVID-19 coverage.
- Tony S. Reed, MD, MBA, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Temple University Health System and Temple University Hospital, spoke with the Philadelphia Inquirer about utilizing Temple’s online portal as well as phone calls to contact patients and register them for the coronavirus vaccine.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer’s “Upside” section highlighted Delana Wardlaw, MD, who practices at Temple Physicians, Inc. at Nicetown, and her identical twin sister Dr. Elana McDonald, in a profile that also showcased their Philadelphia background, mission to address health disparities, and work during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Dr. Wardlaw and Dr. McDonald also participated in a press conference that included State Sen. Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph as part of the #StopTheVirus initiative, which encourages wearing face masks, getting tested for COVID-19, and getting the coronavirus vaccine. The initiative was highlighted in the Philadelphia Tribune.
- Erin R. Narewski, DO, FCCP, Assistant Professor of Clinical Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Associate Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program and Unit Based Medical Director of 6 East at Temple University Hospital, penned an opinion piece for the Philadelphia Inquirer about treating patients with interstitial lung disease during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Whitney V. Cabey, MD, MSHP, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine and in the Center for Urban Bioethics at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, joined Melany Nelson on La Salle TV’s “The Power of One” show to discuss the benefits of receiving the coronavirus vaccine as well as the side effects, to explain how mRNA vaccines work, and to address vaccine hesitancy.
- Jason Gallagher, PharmD, FCCP, FIDP, FIDSA, BCPS, Clinical Professor and Director of the Postgraduate Year Two Infectious Diseases Residency at the Temple University School of Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Infectious Diseases at Temple University Hospital, explained some of the challenges of administering monoclonal antibodies for an article in Verywell Health.
- The Discovery Channel featured footage of Temple University Hospital’s COVID-19 vaccine clinic at Erny Auditorium in its documentary “The Vaccine: Conquering COVID.”