Temple University Health System’s preparations for and treatment of patients amidst the coronavirus pandemic continue to be part of the media’s COVID-19 coverage.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer interviewed Tony S. Reed, MD, MBA, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Temple University Health System and Temple University Hospital, about vaccination efforts among Philadelphia’s senior population.
- Margot Savoy, MD, MPH, Chair and Associate Professor of Family and Community Medicine at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, spoke with the Philadelphia Inquirer for an article about the importance of resuming wellness check-ups and preventive care during the pandemic.
- Dr. Savoy also provided perspective to Healio Primary Care on a study examining patient preference for clear masks vs. traditional surgical masks on their surgeons.
- Delana Wardlaw, MD, who practices at Temple Physicians, Inc. at Nicetown, and her identical twin sister Dr. Elana McDonald were guests on a special edition of KYW Newsradio’s “Flashpoint Live” podcast. The two provided perspective during the second segment (about 20 minutes in) and discussed their Twin Sister Docs platform and what they’ve learned a year into the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NBC10 checked in with Jamie Garfield, MD, Associate Professor of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery and Core Clinical Educator at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Director of Quality and Improvement and Patient Safety, Core Clinical Faculty, Internal Medicine Residency at Temple University Hospital, for an update on the coronavirus pandemic.