- Kidney and ureteral stones
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia: Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Laser lithotripsy
- Shock wave lithotripsy
- Metabolic stone disease management
- Staghorn calculi
- Upper urinary tract tumor resection
- Bladder stones
- Improving patient adherence with medical management of nephrolithiasis
- Alternatives to pharmacotherapy for medical management of nephrolithiasis
- Economics of nephrolithiasis treatment
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Fellowship, Endourology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Residency, North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- American Urological Association
- Endourology Society
- Research on Calculus Kinetics Society
Awards and Honors
- Top Doctors, Urology, Philadelphia Magazine, 2019-2023
I am a Endourologist who specializes in the surgical management and medical prevention of kidney stones and treatment of benign prostate enlargement with Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP). I have had extensive training in minimally invasive techniques, and believe that, when necessary, the optimal surgical approach is the one that limits treatment-related side effects while maximizing patient safety and prompt post-operative recovery.
As a specialist focused on management of benign urologic conditions, I pride myself on patient education to help patients and their families better understand and assess their treatment options. I am passionate about creating partnerships with my patients, through which we can individualize plans of care to enhance quality of life and achieve the best possible short and long- term outcomes.
As an academic surgeon, my goal is to provide my patients with the most updated treatment options, by being actively involved in research and technological advancement. I am fortunate to practice at Fox Chase Cancer Center, which fosters a culture of compassion, collaboration, and innovation.