- General external beam radiation
- 3-D conformal radiotherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Gamma knife treatments
- Tumor immunology
- Oligometastatic disease
- Head and neck cancers
- Medical education
- MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- PhD, Tumor Immunology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- Residency, Radiation Oncology, Duke University, Durham, NC
- American Society of Radiation Oncology
- American College of Radiation Oncology
Awards and Honors
- Distinction in Medical Education Award, Icahn School of Medicine, 2012-2013
- AMA Seed Grant Award, 2012
I earned my MD and PhD in tumor immunology from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. I then completed my residency at Duke University Hospital, where I served as Chief Resident in my final year. I am a proud alumnus of the University of Pennsylvania and it is a distinct honor for me to return to care for the Philadelphia community as a member of the faculty at Temple University.
As part of Temple/Fox Chase Cancer Center, I treat patients with diverse cancer types, with special emphasis on head & neck and gynecologic cancers. I specifically chose to join Temple because of the passion displayed by my colleagues and the deep appreciation for multi-disciplinary, patient-centered care.
I am also dedicated to medical education. I have published on novel methods to enhance radiation oncology residency education and I am actively involved with national education initiatives. I also participate in several clinical research initiatives in the cancer center and with our resident physicians.
I believe that it is a special privilege to be trusted with my patients’ health. This involves treating not just a cancer, but holistically addressing the needs, wants, hopes, and fears of my patients. I will always strive to go the extra mile for my patients and to empower them with the information they need to make nuanced decisions about their care.