Rubin DJ, Moshang J, and Jabbour S. Diabetes knowledge: Are resident physicians and nurses adequately prepared to manage diabetes? Endocrine Practice. 2007; 13(1):17-21.
Rubin DJ, Rybin D, Doros G, and McDonnell M. Weight-Based Insulin Dose-Related Hypoglycemia In Hospitalized Patients With Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2011; 34(8):1723–1728. PMID: 21700919
Rubin DJ. Hospital Readmission of Patients with Diabetes. Current Diabetes Reports. 2015. Apr;15(4):584. PMID: 25712258.
Rubin DJ, Donnell-Jackson K, Jhingan R, Golden SH, and Paranjape A. Early Readmission among Patients with Diabetes: A Qualitative Assessment of Contributing Factors. Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications. 2014 Jun 28. PMID: 25087192.
Draznin B, Gilden J, Golden SH, Inzucchi SE; PRIDE investigators, Baldwin D, Bode BW, Boord JB, Braithwaite SS, Cagliero E, Dungan KM, Falciglia M, Figaro MK, Hirsch IB, Klonoff D, Korytkowski MT, Kosiborod M, Lien LF, Magee MF, Masharani U, Maynard G, McDonnell ME, Moghissi ES, Rasouli N, Rubin DJ, Rushakoff RJ, Sadhu AR, Schwartz S, Seley JJ, Umpierrez GE, Vigersky RA, Low CC, Wexler DJ. Pathways to Quality Inpatient Management of Hyperglycemia and Diabetes: A Call to Action. Diabetes Care. July 2013; 36:1807-1814.
Siraj ES, Rubin DJ, Riddle MC, Miller ME, Hsu FC, Ismail-Beigi F, Chen SH, Ambrosius WT, Thomas A, Bestermann W, Buse JB, Genuth S, Joyce C, Kovacs CS, O'Connor PJ, Sigal RJ, Solomon S; ACCORD Investigators. Insulin Dose and Cardiovascular Mortality in the ACCORD Trial. Diabetes Care. 2015 Oct 13. PMID: 26464212
Rubin DJ, Handorf EA, Golden SH, Nelson DB, McDonnell ME, and Zhao H. Development and Validation of a Novel Tool to Predict Hospital Readmission Risk among Patients with Diabetes. Endocrine Practice. 2016 Oct;22(10):1204-1215. PMID: 27732098
M. Fayfman, R. J. Galindo, D. J. Rubin, D. L. Mize, I. Anzola, M. A. Urrutia, C. Ramos, F. J. Pasquel, J. Sonya Haw, P. Vellanki, H. Wang, B. S. Albury, R. Weaver, S. Cardona, G. E. Umpierrez. A Randomized Controlled Trial on the Safety and Efficacy of Exenatide Therapy for the Inpatient Management of General Medicine and Surgery Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2019 Jan 24. PMID: 30679302.
Rubin DJ, Gogineni P, Deak A, Vaz C, Watts S, Recco D, Dillard F, Wu J, Karunakaran A, Kondamuri N, Zhao H, Naylor MD, Golden SH, Allen S. The Diabetes Transition of Hospital Care (DiaTOHC) Pilot Study: A Randomized Controlled Trial of an Intervention Designed to Reduce Readmission Risk of Adults with Diabetes. J Clin Med. 2022 Mar 8;11(6):1471. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm11061471. PMID: 35329797
Pasquel FJ, Gianchandani R, Rubin DJ, Dungan KM, Anzola I, Gomez PC, Peng L, Hodish I, Bodnar T, Wesorick D, Balakrishnan V, Osei K, Umpierrez GE. Efficacy of sitagliptin for the hospital management of general medicine and surgery patients with type 2 diabetes (Sita-Hospital): a multicentre, prospective, open-label, non-inferiority randomised trial. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017 February;5(2):125-133. PMID: 27964837.
Hai AA, Weiner MG, Paranjape A, Livshits A, Brown JR, Obradovic Z, Rubin DJ. Deep Learning vs Traditional Models for Predicting Hospital Readmission among Patients with Diabetes. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2023 Apr 29;2022:512-521. PMID: 37128461
1. Rubin DJ. A commentary on: Hospitalizations and inpatient mortality for hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state over a decade. PracticeUpdate website. Available at: https://www.practiceupdate.com/content/hospitalization-trends-and-inpati.... Accessed March 31, 2022.
2. Rubin DJ. A commentary on: Glycemic Control and Risk of Sepsis and Subsequent Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes. PracticeUpdate website. Available at: https://www.practiceupdate.com/content/glycemic-control-sepsis-risk-and-.... Accessed December 09, 2021.
3. Rubin DJ. Expert Comment on The Effectiveness of In-Hospital Interventions on Reducing Hospital Length of Stay and Readmission of Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review. PracticeUpdate website. Available at: https://www.practiceupdate.com/content/in-hospital-interventions-and-red.... Accessed September 04, 2020.
4. Rubin DJ. Expert Comment on Racial and Ethnic Differences in 30-Day Hospital Readmissions Among US Adults With Diabetes. PracticeUpdate website. Available at: https://www.practiceupdate.com/content/racial-and-ethnic-differences-in-.... Accessed December 01, 2019.
5. Rubin DJ. Expert Comment on Association of Glucose Concentrations at Hospital Discharge with Readmissions and Mortality: A Nationwide Cohort Study. Spanakis, EK et al. (2019) JCEM. PracticeUpdate website. Available at: https://www.practiceupdate.com/content/association-of-glucose-concentrat.... Accessed May 24, 2019
6. Rubin D. Expert Comment on The readmission rates in patients with versus those without diabetes mellitus at an urban teaching hospital. Sonmez, H., V. Kambo, et al. (2017) J Diabetes Complications. PracticeUpdate website. 2017 November. Available at: http://www.practiceupdate.com/content/readmission-rates-in-patients-with.... Accessed January 28, 2018..
7. Rubin D. Expert Comment on Hospital Readmissions among Commercially Insured and Medicare Advantage Beneficiaries with Diabetes and the Impact of Severe Hypoglycemic and Hyperglycemic Events. McCoy, R.G., Lipska, K.J., Herrin, J. et al. J GEN INTERN MED (2017) 32: 1097. PracticeUpdate website. 2017 July. Available at: http://www.practiceupdate.com/content/hospital-readmissions-for-diabetes.... Accessed January 28, 2018.