Temple University Health System’s preparations for and treatment of patients amidst the coronavirus pandemic continue to be part of the media’s COVID-19 coverage.
- Gerard J. Criner, MD, FACP, FACCP, Chair and Professor of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Director of the Temple Lung Center, joined 6ABC to discuss COVID-19 long-haul patients.
- Tony S. Reed, MD, PhD, MBA, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Temple University Health System and Temple University Hospital, provided an update to the Temple News about progress in vaccinating Temple Health staff.
- Edmond Cronin, MD, CCDS, FHRS, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University (LKSOM), and Jin Jun Luo, MD, PhD, FAAN, FAANEM, Professor of Neurology and Professor of Pharmacology at LKSOM, discussed the symptoms that COVID-19 long-haul patients have reported and their similarities to those experienced by individuals with POTS, or postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, for an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- The Center for Urban Bioethics at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and the Temple Center for Population Health have been collaborating with Temple University’s College of Public Health and the Philadelphia Housing Authority to address coronavirus vaccine hesitancy and ensure vaccine access to seniors at PHA’s senior living locations. The collaboration was featured in a Philadelphia Tribune article.
- David Becker, MD, FACC, Director of the Preventive and Integrative Heart Health Program at the Temple Heart and Vascular Institute, wrote a blog post for the Philadelphia Inquirer highlighting eight recent takeaways about COVID-19, treatment for the condition, and the vaccines.