If you are thinking about having weight-loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, it is important to choose an experienced bariatric surgeon and support team with specialized expertise. To contact the Weight Loss Surgery Program coordinator for information, or to schedule a new or returning patient appointment, call 215-248-8520.
At Temple Health-Chestnut Hill Hospital, we have helped thousands of people safely and successfully lose weight and improve their overall health through bariatric surgery. Not only is our program led by fellowship-trained surgeons, but we also offer minimally invasive procedures that may help you get back on your feet more quickly.
Accredited weight-loss surgery for adults
Learn why so many people from East Montgomery County (and beyond) choose Temple Health - Chestnut Hill Hospital and our weight management team for bariatric surgery:
- Our program is accredited. We are accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. This means that we follow national standards for a comprehensive, collaborative approach to treatment and recovery.
- We are recognized for quality and safety. Our program is named a Blue Distinction Center+ for bariatric surgery by Highmark. This designation confirms we provide a full range of bariatric surgery care, including inpatient, post-operative, and outpatient follow-up care along with patient education.
- You and your surgeon choose the treatment that is right for you. With three minimally invasive weight-loss surgery options available at Chestnut Hill, you have a choice in which procedure best suits your personal goals and medical needs. We offer gastric bypass surgery, gastric sleeve surgery, and duodenal switch surgery.
- We use advanced surgical techniques. Whenever possible, we use minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgical techniques. This means your surgeon makes a few tiny incisions instead of one large one. Potential benefits include less post-operative pain, a lower risk of complications, and a shorter hospital stay and quicker recovery.
- We offer bariatric revision surgery. If you developed a medical complication or regained weight after previously having bariatric surgery, our team may be able to help. We have experience performing complicated “revision surgery” (a second bariatric operation) and have successfully helped patients fix medical problems or restart their weight loss journey.
- We are your partner on this journey. You can take comfort knowing we offer long-term guidance and support, starting in the months leading up to your surgery, throughout your surgery and recovery, and lasting for as long as you need us. Our services include a free monthly support group, individual and group nutritional counseling, and psychological counseling.
Private Weight Loss Consultation
If you are ready to lose weight and regain your health and confidence, then it is time to contact Temple Health - Chestnut Hill Hospital. Request a private consultation by calling 215-248-8520.
Weight Loss Support Group
We are committed to providing the answers you need, wherever you are in your weight loss journey. Join us for free at the next weight loss support group.
Watch: Dr. Roshin Thomas
In this video, watch Dr. Roshin Thomas, bariatric surgeon at Temple Health - Chestnut Hill Hospital, provide an overview and introduction to our program.