No one looks forward to a hospital stay, but at Temple Health - Chestnut Hill Hospital, we work hard to help make sure your visit is as pleasant as possible. Here are a few things you should know about admissions, your room and our hospital, and continuing care upon returning home to help with your recovery.
Our admissions desk is located on the hospital's ground floor across from the parking garage. You may enter through the doors across from the garage or through the hospital. Take the elevator to the ground floor and follow the signs to outpatient registration.
Please arrive a few minutes before your appointment
Remember to bring:
- All current health insurance information, including your insurance card
- Photo identification
- Physician orders and prescriptions for any tests you will receive
- Referrals from your primary care physician (if your insurer requires them)
- Precertification (if applicable)
- List of medications
- A payment method for deductibles and co-payments (financing is also available)
- Your advance directive, if you have one
Your Hospital Room
Our rooms are a combination of private and semi-private rooms. Temple Health - Chestnut Hill Hospital reserves the right to make all placement decisions. Your room will be cleaned each day by our housekeeping staff. Please also note that we’re a smoke-free campus.
- Language Interpreters - translation services for non-English speaking patients can be obtained by contacting your nurse.
- For the Hearing Impaired - telephone amplifiers and T.D.D. (Telephone Device for the Deaf) are available for the hearing impaired. If you need a special phone, please notify your nurse.
Connection & Entertainment
- Telephone - Telephones are provided in all patient rooms.
- Wireless internet service (WiFi) - To better meet the needs of our patients and visitors, we offer guest wireless internet access in all areas of the hospital.
- TV - Televisions are provided free of charge in each patient room.
- Mail and flowers - Mail, flowers, gift baskets, and non-latex balloons are delivered daily by our volunteers. Flowers and balloons are not permitted in the intensive care units or protective isolation. To reduce the possibility of allergic reactions to pollen, we ask that you please limit the size of floral arrangements delivered to patient rooms. Latex balloons are not permitted anywhere in the hospital.
Any mail received after your discharge will be forwarded to your home address. Flowers or other arrangements arriving after your discharge will be returned to the florist, who will contact the sender for delivery information.
Meals – Temple Health - Chestnut Hill Hospital offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals. If you have any questions about or problems understanding your diet, please ask to speak with one of our dietitians, or call 215-248-8046 and we will be happy to service your request.
- Dining room - A full-service dining room is located on the hospital's ground floor. Hours: Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; closed weekends and holidays
- Cafe - A cafe is open on the hospital's first floor in the Main Lobby. The cafe provides a wide selection of hot and cold foods, snacks, and Starbucks beverages. Cash, check and credit cards are accepted. Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (holiday hours may vary)
When it’s time for you to leave our hospital, we want to make sure you’re prepared for a successful recovery. A nurse, case manager, social worker, or discharge planner will help plan your follow-up care. If you have trouble understanding the language being used, you can request translated documents or an interpreter. All patients will be given important directions about their follow-up care, including written instructions. Contact our Case Management team with questions or for assistance at 215-248-8283.