Temple University Hospital - Jeanes Campus is designated as a Primary Stroke Center in Philadelphia, certified by The Joint Commission.
Did You Know?
- Our Stroke Program cared for 217 patients in 2021.
- For 7% of our ischemic stroke patients, we intervened with intravenous clot-busting medication and 2.9 % transferred to our Comprehensive Stroke Center and are treated with intra-arterial clot retrieval devices. For patients who arrived within hours of their symptom onset, treatment resulted in improved functional independent outcomes.
- For patients with brain aneurysms, we provide rapid transfer to our Comprehensive Stroke Center for surgical clipping or intra-arterial coiling procedures.
- Procedures such as carotid endarterectomy are performed at our Primary Stroke Center, and carotid stents and carotid angioplasty are performed at our Comprehensive Stroke Center to prevent a stroke or a reoccurring stroke to occur by opening blocked or narrowed arteries.
- 59.6% of our stroke patients were able to be discharged home while 25.3% were discharged to an acute rehabilitation facility.
American Heart Association and American Stroke Association Achievements
- 2010-2021 Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award Hospital
If you think you or a loved is having a stoke, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Request an appointment online or call 800-TEMPLE-MED (800-836-7536) to see a Temple specialist for a stroke risk assessment or for follow-up care.