The Alzheimer's Center at Temple, in partnership with Crozer Health, are studying the relationship between cardiovascular health and the susceptibility of Alzheimer’s disease.
This multi-year study aims to identify the relationship between cognition, brain structure and fluid biomarkers in at-risk populations.
In this study, we will compare groups of people with Alzheimer’s disease to groups of people without Alzheimer’s disease to help determine the impact that cardiovascular risk factors may have on the brain. 200 subjects will be recruited in the Greater Philadelphia region. Subjects will be followed for three years.
- For this study, participants are being asked to consent to the following:
- Allow information about your cognitive and physical health to be collected for up to three years (36 months)
- Complete a full cognitive assessment at years one, two and three of the study
- Allow blood to be drawn for analysis at years one, two and three of the study (at the time your cognitive assessment)
- Complete an MRI scan with the study team from Temple Psychology and Brain Research at the Temple Brain Research and Neuroimaging Center, of your brain at years two and three of the study
- If you are a person that requires assistance with medical appointments and/or signing forms, we would require that a partner accompany you to all appointments associated with the study
Site of Investigation:
Crozer Center for Geriatric Medicine
100 W Sproul Rd
Healthplex Pavilion II, Suite 221
Springfield, PA 19064
*MRI Scanning will be conducted at Temple University Hospital at 3401 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19140.
Study Sponsor: Pennsylvania Department of Health
Principal Investigator: Silvia Fossati, PhD, Temple University
Local Site Principal Investigator: William Zirker, MD, MPH, 610-338-2722, Crozer
Study Coordinator: Stephanie Michael, LCSW, 610-938-2549, Crozer